the blue duckling blog

A blog about lusciously pure living and blue duckling products.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sugar Doll Blogger Award


A good friend did me a great honor and awarded me the Sugar Doll Blogger Award for my business and its blog (this one!). Mariah is an amazing woman with a blog of her own, and I'm flattered that she decided I was an "amazing and crafty" woman deserving of recognition. The award asks that I post 10 things you may not know about me, and so, here goes. I've tried to keep it on topic to blue duckling.

1. I am a lawyer. I started this business, and I run it, in my spare time. My husband helps, obviously!

2. I have no scientific background (see #1), but I came up with all of the recipes for blue duckling products.

3. I drink champagne regularly. It makes regular days feel like special occasions. If I could, I would pour a glass for all my customers when I see them.

4. I'm a stickler for grammar. That one is totally unrelated.

5. I studied psychology in college. And linguistics.

6. I have a younger sister (aka blue duckling's Social Media Coordinator). She is a rockstar.

7. My husband is also a juris doctor (law school graduate).

8. I really did finish law school in two and a half years, like Mariah says. It's supposed to take three. Now it feels like this is getting more and more off track...

9. blue duckling will have a "representative" (I dunno what you call them) at BlogHer 10 in New York City this August. We are very excited. Her name is Gracemonkey, at least, to me.

10. I really do make blue duckling products by hand in my kitchen. From scratch.

Now to share. I'll pass the Sugar Doll Blogger Award on to Miss Grace (aka Gracemonkey), who is an incredible single mom in California. We went to college together, lived together for four years, and she's one of my favorite people ever. Also, did I mention that she's amazing? And a sexy librarian to boot (maybe she's not working as a librarian, but she sure has the credentials). Hi Gracemonkey!

1 comment: